SOLUTION: IDM HAS BEEN REGISTERED WITH A FAKE SERIAL NUMBER MESSAGE.
Internet download manager is most widely used downloader manager. It is the priority choice of the most windows users. As it gives mindblowing speed by utilizing full bandwidth. IDM as being the priority choice for most users. It is not free. After 30 days trial period, IDM user has to buy a license key or serial key to activate it. well if you cant afford the paid version you can also download IDM crack + CD key from here.
Due to this crack version, IDM bugs out showing irritating message popup notification“IDM HAS BEEN REGISTERED WITH A FAKE SERIAL NUMBER”.This issue is not only with the crack version but also faced by paid legit users. Many users have asked the solution. So here, In this article, I am going to tell you how to fix “internet download manager IDM has been registered with the fake serial number” pop up message.
Why is Internet download manager(IDM) so popular among windows-pc users?
IDM is most popular because of its integration with your web browsers like Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Integration of IDM with web browsers enables users to download any content from the web page. It also enables users to download streamable videos from youtube.(which you can’t download without using any other third party software).
Many people having the problem integrating IDM with there web browser, so if you one of them facing issue integrating. Then here is your solution:
HOW TO FIX IDM HAS BEEN REGISTERED WITH A FAKE SERIAL NUMBER NOTIFICATION IN WINDOWS PC:
There are two methods, both easy and simple. you can use any of them to fix pop-up message notification without using any third party software and without using any fake license keys. So let’s get started with,
This method is much easier to remove IDM has been registered with fake serial number pop up message notification. Follow the steps given below:
- Open Run Dialog Box by pressing Windows key+R.
- Then type regedit and Press OK.
- Now, Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then navigate to Software.
- And then again navigate to Download Manager. (HKEY_CURRENT_USER >>Software >>Download Manager).
- Now you will see a set of options as shown below.
- Then click on CheckUpdtVM to and change the value data to 0.
So, it’s done fixing IDM has been registered with a fake serial number pop up notification on Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.
This is another way to fix internet download manager has been registered with a fake serial number pop up message notification. This can be done by simply renaming the IDMGrHlp.exe file. Follow the steps given below:
- On the first hand, you need to know where the IDM installed directory is present. To do so, open window explorer and navigate to program files and Search for Internet Download Manager folder.
- Now open Internet Download Manager folder. This folder will show all files of IDM.
- Then search for IDMGrHlp.exe and delete the file.
- Now copy the idmBroker.exe file and paste it into the same folder.
- Then you have to find a file named as idmBroker- Copy.
- Now rename idmBroker– Copy file to IDMGrHlp.exe
- After completing all step given above, Restart your system to apply the changes.
You have successfully fixed the issue “Internet download manager has been registered with a fake serial number” pop up message notification Now download files through IDM without any pop-up or interruption. And if you have any problem or doubt, feel free to ask in the comment section.