Covid cases in India have increased once again, the second wave reaching its highest in Maharashtra. With over 17,000 reported cases on April 14, the national capital saw the largest single-day spike. Although the authorities have taken strict steps to prevent infection from spreading, there is concern about the lack of vaccine stocks in many states. Anyone over 45 years old can be vaccinated at the COVID-19 vaccine centres. Beneficiaries have the option to either register at an online or walk-in clinic for their vaccinations. However, people will find it difficult to travel long distances to get vaccines due to lockdown in the affected countries. You can search nearby vaccine centres with your smartphone thanks to the technology available. We will provide a guideline to help you find these centers and all the necessary documents to be vaccinated in the following article.
Google Maps Search and MyMapsIndia: How to locate COVID-19-vaccination centres near you. Before you start, make sure to enable location access. Here’s how to track COVID-19 vaccination centres nearby via Google Maps, Search, and MyMapsIndia.
If you wish to search Google Maps for vaccination centers, simply open the mobile app or web browser.
- Enter COVID-19 in the search box (which you will see at the bottom on Google Maps’ mobile map), and then tap the search icon
- After being tapped, the results will show you nearby COVID-19 vaccination centres.
- You can select a particular hospital or centre to see if you need an appointment or if the hospital has a limit on certain patients. The search query notes that you should check with the centre before you go and register beforehand.
Google Search and Google App
- Google Search can be opened on your desktop computer or on your phone via the Google App.
- In the search box, type COVID-19 and hit the “Search” button.
- To view the complete list of vaccine centres near you, tap the More button.
- You can also search nearby vaccine centres on the MapMyIndiaMove or domestic MapMyIndiaMove apps. You can also access the map via the CoWin portal.
- Launch the app from your smartphone to search for centers in the app.
- Enter COVID vaccine centre near me into the search bar. A list of nearby centres will be displayed on the screen.
For vaccinations in hospitals, you will need to provide proof of identity and documents.
Although beneficiaries can go directly to the hospitals for vaccinations, it’s best to do so online. You will need to bring the following documents: voter ID card (or PAN card), Aadhaar, Aadhar card, driving licence, passport, or passbook from a bank/post office. Also, you can have a service card or identification card that was issued to employees of the government, MNREGA card card etc. Any of the above documents can be carried to the vaccination station.