Gmail is the go-to emailing app for a lot of smartphone users. It’s easy to use and it works well on almost any interface, be it Android or iOS. What adds to its overall allure is the fact that it has tons of features that let you work with ease without having to switch within apps over and over again. For instance, it comes with built-in Meet and Spaces features, which means that you don’t have to download these apps separately on your smartphone to use them. It also has swipe gestures that let you perform tasks such as archive a mail or snooze an email by swiping right or left. You can also delete an email, mark an email as read or unread, or even move an email to a separate folder.
Here’s a step-by-step guide of how you can change swipe gestures in Gmail:
How to customise swipe gesture in Gmail’s Android app
Step 1: Open Gmail app on your Android smartphone.
Step 2: Tap the hamburger menu at the top left corner of the app.
Step 3: Scroll down and tap the Settings button.
Step 4: Tap the General settings button.
Step 5: Now the Find Mail swipe actions and tap it.
Step 6: Tap the Right Swipe option and pick a gesture that you prefer.
Step 7: Tap the Left Swipe option and again pick a gesture that you prefer using instead of the default option.
How to customise swipe gesture in Gmail’s iOS app
Step 1: Open Gmail app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap the hamburger menu on the top left corner of the app.
Step 3: Now scroll down and tap the Settings button.
Step 4: Next, tap the Email Swipe Actions button.
Step 5: Tap Right Swipe option. Here you can change the default Archive option to Bin, Mark as read/unread options, Snooze, Move or none option.
Step 6: Go back and tap the Left Swipe option. Pick a gesture that you prefer and you’re done.
– Open the Gmail app on your iOS or Android device.
– Head to Settings > Mail swipe actions.
– You can choose Archive, Bin, Mark as read/unread, Snooze, Move to, or None actions for swipe gestures.
Delete isn’t an option by default for the swipe gestures in the Mail app or Gmail. Instead, you’ll see Move, Archive and three dots leading to a number of different options when you swipe right to left in Mail, and archive when you swipe right to left or left to right in Gmail.
– Open Outlook Mobile Settings.
– Select Swipe Options.
– Select Swipe Right or Swipe Left.
– Assign one of the follow preferred actions: Delete, Mark as Read, Mark as Unread, Flag, and Archive.
Open the Gmail app on your iOS or Android device. Head to Settings > Mail swipe actions. You can choose Archive, Bin, Mark as read/unread, Snooze, Move to, or None actions for swipe gestures.11-Jun-2021
– Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper-left portion of Gmail, then scroll down and select Settings.
– Go to General settings and tap Swipe actions.
– Tap Change next to Right swipe or Left swipe (this is the direction that you want to swipe to delete your emails).
– Go to the Gmail app.
– Select the three lines in the top left corner.
– Scroll down to Settings.
– Tap on the ‘Mail Swipe Actions’ option.
– Tap on Left Swipe or Right Swipe depending on your preference.
– Select Bin.
– Tap on Left Swipe or Right Swipe.
Gmail is a web-based email service that provides an easy to use interface and is available on most Android and iOS devices. It has built-in features such as Meet and Spaces that give users the option of using these without having to download them separately. There are also swipe gestures that let you perform