Paytm has introduced an innovative tool within its main app that allows users to locate available slots for COVID-19 vaccinations in their local area. The “COVID-19 vaccine slot Finder tool” is now part of Paytm’s Android and iOS apps. This tool uses real-time data collected from CoWIN to identify and show users their vaccination slots.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma, founder of Paytm announced the rollout via Twitter. Paytm users will now be able check the availability of vaccine slots by simply entering their district or pin code in the Paytm App. Users will be notified when new slots are available.
A new tool will allow users to search for COVID Vaccine slot availability and receive alerts whenever new slots become available in their area. @Paytm checks for availability real-time and alerts users via Paytm Chat when a new slot opens up.https://t.co/WvJa7CRxxO
Pls spread awareness.
— Vijay Shekhar Sharma (@vijayshekhar) May 6, 2021
Paytm’s Vaccine Finder has two age options: 18+ or 45+. It also shows the available slots over the next four weeks. Paytm Chat can notify users if a slot becomes available if the app doesn’t show it. To book an appointment, the app or Co-WIN website will take the user to the slot availability page.
Paytm’s Vaccine Slot Finder cannot check availability in real time by procuring data via the CoWIN platform. It can however be used for booking appointments. This can be done only with UMANG, CoWIN and Aarogya Setu.
What is the best way to find out if there are any COVID-19 slots available?
- Scroll down in the Paytm App Store Section.
- You will see the Vaccine Finder button. Tap on it.
- Next, enter your pin code/district and select your age group.
- To check the availability of slots, click on “Check Availability”.
- Tap on “Notify Me when Slots Are Available” if there is no available slot.
- Click on a slot to see if it is still available. This will bring you to CoWIN and prompt you to sign up.