In April 2021 the government started the third phase of vaccinations, due to increasing COVID-19 cases. To get the COVID vaccine, anyone over the age of 45 may register through the CoWIN portal or the Aarogya Setu form.
To register for COVID vaccination, you will need a valid phone number as well as a photo ID (such a driving licence or Aadhaar) You can register for the vaccine at “www.cowin.gov.in” or on the Aarogya Setu site. The COVID-19 vaccine certificate can be downloaded. This is a step by step guide.
Register to receive COVID vaccine
* Visit www.cowin.gov.in to enter your mobile number. Enter the OTP via SMS to verify. Click on “Verify” to verify.
Once the OTP is validated you will see the Registration of Vaccination’ page. You will need to provide personal data such as your name, date of birth, and gender.
You should keep track of your Beneficiary Reference ID. You will be able to download your COVID-19 vaccine certificate later. Register by clicking the button.
Click the button “Add More” at the bottom of the page to add more people. They will need to fill out their information.
* Click the button “Schedule an Appointment”. Search for the nearest vaccination center in your area by state, pin code or district.
The available slots are determined by the centre you choose. Click on the button “Book”, then select the desired date. Click on the “Confirm” button after reviewing the page.
All details regarding the COVID vaccine will be sent to you via SMS.
Register to receive COVID vaccine via Aarogya Setu App
* Select the CoWIN tab on the Aarogya Setu homepage.
* Click the tab “Vaccination (Login/Register)”.
Enter your mobile number to receive an SMS with OTP. To verify the OTP, click on “Verify”.
* The ‘Registration For Vaccination’ page will appear.
* The registration process for the vaccine is exactly the same as that for www.cowin.gov.in.
Where can I get the COVID vaccine certificate?
Once the first vaccination has been given, you will be able to download your COVID certificate at “www.cowin.gov.in” or the AarogyaSetu App. Here are the steps:
* Open the “https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/vaccination-certificate” link.
To download your COVID-19 vaccination certificate, enter the beneficiary ID and click “Search”.
The “Vaccination tab” is located at the top right of the AarogyaSetu App. Click on the button to “Get Certificate”, then enter your Beneficiary ID.