You can easily share your location using a variety of apps, including WhatsApp Messenger, Snapchat , and WhatsApp. However, not all third-party apps are safe. These are the steps you should take in order to share your exact location via the Google Maps application.
Google Maps: How to share real-time locations with others
- Tap on the Google Maps App on your Smartphone and click on the profile photo in the upper right corner
- Select “Location sharing” now
- Click on the “+”, or “-” buttons to select the time period for which you would like your location shared.
- For location sharing, you can choose to “until this is turned off”.
- After that, choose the contacts you wish to share your location with. If you are unable to locate the contact that interests you, continue swiping left and tap the “more” button.
- You can share the location with different apps, including Telegram Messenger, Messenger, Gmail and Instagram.
- Click on the “Share” button
After sharing this location, Google Maps links will be displayed in front of the receiver. This link will take them to the Google Maps app and share the current location data. The “until this is turned off” option only works if it’s shared via Gmail. Otherwise, this feature will expire after 24 hours. It’s a quick and easy way to quickly share your current location.
This shareable link expires after a set time, and viewers will not have access to your location. You can stop sharing your location prior to this time by going back to Google Maps and visiting your profile photo>> Location sharing> Stop.