WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging apps, and it has a vast number of active Indian users. There was a popular demand for dark mode and the company rolled out the support for the same for the mobile version. The dark mode is available for both iOS and Android platforms. Earlier this year, WhatsApp also released the dark theme feature for the web version.
We have previously done a story on how to turn on dark mode on WhatsApp Web via the Inspect Element feature. Now that this feature is officially available, you don’t need to follow that. First let me tell you how to open the web of the messaging app, in case you are unaware. The first step is to visit the web version and then open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
Watch: Five interesting Android games that you should try
You need to tap Menu and select WhatsApp Web. Now, point your phone at the screen and capture the code. This will immediately log you into the web version of the social messaging service. You will find the theme section in the Settings. In this menu, you will also witness chat wallpapers, and the company offers you a lot of color options to make it look colorful. If you want to know how to enable the dark theme on WhatsApp Web, keep reading to know the steps.
How to set Dark mode on WhatsApp Web
Step 1: Log into the WhatsApp Web using the messaging app.
Step 2: Click on the three-dotted icon located on the top left corner. You need to select settings and go to the Theme section.
Step 3: In the “Theme” section, you get three options, including Light, Dark, and system default. Here you can set the dark or light theme as per your preference.
– Hit the Search flags box and enter the word ‘dark’.
– Tap on the drop-down menu under each option and change the setting to Activated, then close and restart the app.
– Open the settings menu, select Themes and then Dark.
– On your computer, do a search on google.com.
– If you want the same Search settings across desktop browsers, sign in to your Google Account.
– At the top left, click Settings.
– On the left, click Appearance.
– Choose Device default, Dark theme, or Light theme.
– At the bottom, click Save.
– Open WhatsApp, then tap More options > Settings > Chats > Theme.
– Select from the following options: Dark: Turn dark mode on. Light: Turn dark mode off. System default: Enable WhatsApp dark mode to match your device settings. Go to device Settings > Display > turn Dark theme on or off.
– On your Android device, open Google Chrome .
– At the top right, tap More Settings. Themes.
– Choose the theme you’d like to use: System Default if you want to use Chrome in Dark theme when Battery Saver mode is turned on or your mobile device is set to Dark theme in device settings.
– Type a text message in the app.
– Choose the style or color you want.
– Then the app will show you different options for using this text.
– Click on the ‘WhatsApp’ option.
– Send the message to a contact in the messaging app.
To find it, type “chrome://flags” into Chrome’s Omnibox and press Enter. Search for “Dark Mode” in the search box at the top of the Experiments page that appears. Click the box to the right of “Force Dark Mode for Web Contents” and select “Enabled” for the default setting. Click “Relaunch” to relaunch Chrome.13-Nov-2019
WhatsApp’s dark mode is now available for both iOS and Android, which can be turned on by opening the app and going to the Theme section. The feature was previously available for the web version of the service.